By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Fruits from Chile and I am eligible to win a prize associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
When I think of brunch, I think of a full spread with lots of people to share it with! I recently heard about a contested hosted by Christy Brisette from 80Twenty Nutrition and Fruits from Chile to develop a brunch recipe. The winner will receive a $750 gift card to Williams Sonoma! WOWZA!!
Do you take a look at the signage in the produce section to see where your fruit comes from? If you are picking up peaches, plums, nectarines, or grapes, chances are it is fruit from Chile!
As I picked up some peaches, plums, and nectarines from Chile, I knew I wanted to make a brunch galette to highlight these fruits. A galette is a free-form pie without having to worry about getting the perfect pie crust!
If you are ever hosting a brunch, you want to be able to make delicious and visually stunning recipes that don't take forever in the kitchen. This Peach, Plum, and Nectarine Galette is a showstopper that will have your guests thinking you spent all morning labouring away.
The secret to a quick Galette? Puff pastry.
Most traditional galettes are circular because they use a round pie crust, however, since I used puff pastry, I made a rectangle galette. I think it looks a lot more fancier this way!
To make this a super easy addition to your brunch, try these tips:
Use pre-sliced almonds
Make sure you defrost the puff pastry in the refrigerator the night before
Slice peaches, plums, and nectarines the night before and store in an airtight container
The addition of sliced almonds to the crust takes this galette to the next level. I saw my husband sneaking bites of just the cinnamon almond crust - it's THAT good. I also used half the amount of sugar in the recipe below because I knew my toddler would eat most of it! Feel free to adjust the amount of cinnamon sugar you sprinkle over your fruits based on your preference.
Peach, Plum, and Nectarine Galette
Makes: 1 galette
1 puff pastry, defrosted
2 peaches, sliced
2 plums, sliced
2 nectarines, sliced
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
1. Preheat oven to 350oF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out puff pastry on parchment paper.
2. Place peach, plum, and nectarine slices in rows, leaving a 1 inch space around the border.
3. In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 1.5Tbsp of mixture evenly over sliced fruit (reserve at least 1 tsp of cinnamon sugar for crust).
4. Fold edges of puff pastry over the fruit and press lightly. Brush the border with egg wash. Press in sliced almonds. Sprinkle 1 tsp of cinnamon sugar mixture on border.
5. Dot the fruit with small pieces of butter. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me @NutritionbyNaz on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook!
Are you ready to begin your healthy lifestyle journey but don't know where to start? Join me and many other women with The Muslimah’s Meal Plan!